Re: Debian (Unstable) problem with SSH and PAM

Hello I had exactly the same problem yesterday and we (in that list) found how to solve the problem :

juste edit your /etc/pam.d/ssh file and disable all the session entries except the first one, like that :

# cat /etc/pam.d/ssh
#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_unix.so
auth       required     pam_env.so # [1]

account    required     pam_unix.so

session    required     pam_unix.so
#session    optional     pam_lastlog.so # [1]
#session    optional     pam_motd.so # [1]
#session    optional     pam_mail.so standard noenv # [1]
#session    required     pam_limits.so

password   required     pam_unix.so

Then restart your sshd and try again.

If it does not solve the problem, please run your sshd server in debug mode (sshd -ddd) and with an other terminal, try a connection.
Then send us the full output.

Alexis Sukrieh (sukria), <alexis@sukria.net>
. homepage  - [http://sukria.net]
. PGP key  - [http://sukria.net/print.php?c=privacy]