Re: postfix in qmail out proftpd in pureftpd

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 08:09:33PM +0200, WebMaster wrote:
> In March 1997, I offered $500 to the first person to publish a
> verifiable security hole in the latest version of qmail...
> My offer still stands. Nobody has found any security holes in qmail.

<snip>

> it s because we can read on pureftpd.org:
>
> "the number of root exploits found since the very first released
> version is zero"
>
> we can t read things like that on postfix.org and proftpd.org

If your criteria for judging the security of a piece of software are
based solely on what you read on the web sites distributing that
software, then why aren't you running OpenBSD?  After all, they have on
their web page "One remote hole in the default install, in nearly 6
years!", and Debian does not have that.

noah