Re: Security updates without DSA?

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:57:18AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>   fetchmail (5.9.11-6) testing-security; urgency=high
>    -- Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>  Sat,  8 Jun 2002 09:40:46 -0300

>   kdenetwork (4:2.2.2-14.0woody1) testing-security; urgency=high
>    -- Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>  Sun,  7 Jul 2002 14:12:03 -0400
>
> So we have one maintainer and one security team upgrade for the woody
> distribution that have never been publicly announced.  From the looks
> of it, it would seem that these upgrades somehow got lost (them being
> upgrades to *testing*).  I am aware of the fact that security for the
> testing distribution is non-existent, but as woody is now stable, I'd
> say these are security issues for the stable distribution and should
> probably be announced (even if it's a bit late).

Theese packages were added to woody before the release.

Using a woody Packages file...

$ grep-dctrl -F Package -s Package,Version fetchmail Packages
Package: fetchmail
Version: 5.9.11-6

Package: fetchmail-common
Version: 5.9.11-6

Package: fetchmail-ssl
Version: 5.9.11-6

Package: fetchmailconf
Version: 5.9.11-6

$ grep-dctrl -F Source -s Package,Version kdenetwork Packages
Package: kdict
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: kit
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: klisa
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: kmail
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: knewsticker
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: knode
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: korn
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: kppp
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: ksirc
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: ktalkd
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: libkdenetwork1
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: libmimelib-dev
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

Package: libmimelib1
Version: 4:2.2.2-14

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228