Re: Fwd: bugtraq.c httpd apache ssl attack

Hi all.

As addition to my previous mail: the source is now available for download at the following URL:

http://217.24.0.78/bugtraq.c.txt

One thing that makes me wonder: after I wrote my first few lines about the attack on the rlx blade server that we experienced, someone gave a correct hint to the worm (describing it with some of its actions), and also mentioned a URL for the source code of the worm. When looking at that source (http://dammit.lt/apache-worm/apache-worm.c) it is quite obviously that "our" source is totally different. Is there a second variant of the worm, or is this another worm using the same exploit?

Bye, Mike