Re: cryptoloop confusion [repost]

Jeff, 2002-Aug-29 12:29 -0700:
> Pedro Diaz Jimenez, 2002-Aug-28 01:25 +0200:
> > >
> > > If all you want is file system encryption you can try the loop-AES patch
> > > http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > I used it for a long time on my laptop and it's been perfectly usable
> > > (stable, fast to some excent, no compilation problems when upgrading
> > kernels, etc..).
> > > It uses the AES cryptosystem, of proven strength . The
> > > compilation/instalation procedure is quite easy, also
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Pedro
>
> Since I was having trouble the other way, I tried this out and was
> successful.  I now have an ext2 file system on an encrypted file
> (example #2 in the documentation).  Very cool!  And this is all I
> wanted in the first place.
>
> Thanks for pointing me to it...jc

Does anyone know how I can create an encrypted filesystem on a file in
my home directory, non-root?  I'm using the loop-aes system and I can
create everything but I have to chown the file and mount point to
change the owner and group to my user.  But, when I mount the
filesystem the mount point directory is changed back to owner=root and
group=root and I can't create directories and files in the mounted
filesystem since I don't have permission.

TIA,
jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer