Re: IPSec VPN and Watchguard Firebox 2

Hi Marcel,

> Does anybody know if there are any news concerning freeswan and
> Watchguard Firebox 2 interoperability? Some time ago I read that the two
> would not work together, as Watchguard does  not use triple DES during
> the negotiation phase. Is there a patch around for freeswan?

The new watchguard version 6.0 support both DES types in phase 1
(DES/3DES). So you should be able to create a static tunnel between the
friebox and you freeswan host.

If you would like to create a dynamic tunnel (dynamic ip for freeswan),
the freeswan must support the aggressive mode, and I'm not sure if
freeswan supports this.

Btw: I have two tunnels between a firebox and some OpenBSD Host and it
works great. So I think with the new 6.0 version this should be no
problem for FreeSwan.

You can take a look at the following url to see a sample config for 6.0:
	http://jade.viastore.de/~tsauter/files/howtos/watchguard-vpn.php

Happy ipsec'ing

Thorsten

--