VPN between 2 dynamic ip's ?

Hi all,

I'd like to setup a VPN between two hosts on cable connection. The
problem is that they have dynamic ip's, and none of the two sides is
permanently up (most of the time they are up, but it's not guaranteed
at all). Furthermore, I can't be sure of which one will come up first
when they are down (or one of them is down).

So the solution must be completely flexible regarding which end is a
"server", or which side is "calling" the other.

On the plus side, I can register them to a dynamic dns service, and I
could hack a setup using vtund. My problem is that it'sreally a hack,
and I'd like a cleaner and more robust solution.

Is there one ?
Ty,
--
Rémi