Re: idle timeout

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, xterm wrote:

> I've been looking for some sort of utility (without success) that will
> look at keyboard/mouse activity in X and then run a couple of
> commands.  I don't want to log the current use out (aka: idled
> daemon), or lock the screen with xscreensaver (already done).

I think you might find xautolock quite interesting: <description>
Xautolock monitors the user activity on an X Window display.  If none is
detected within mins minutes, a program is started as specified by the
-locker option.  Xautolock will typically be used to lock the screen
(hence its primary name) but it really doesn't care what program you make
it start. </description>

cu, danny.