Re: LDAP Help requested...please :)

On Tuesday, 2002-08-13 at 14:22:51 -0400, Phillip Hofmeister wrote:

> My ldap configs on the client all have a host line to the server.
> Attached are the config files...

> when I run 'ldapsearch' I get:
> SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error

> When I type 'ldapsearch -x' I get the database dif as I should.

Weellll, do you want SASL, or not? Your '-x' makes the ldap utilities
use basic authentication, i.e. they authenticate against the LDAP
database.

If you leave '-x' out, SASL is used, so you must set it up. (sasldb)

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| lupe@lupe-christoph.de       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| "After a while you give up trying to escape who you are".              |