Re: Problem with logcheck

>>>>> "Dale" == Dale Amon <amon@vnl.com> writes:

Dale> I've got a problem with logcheck that I wondered if anyone else
Dale> has been seeing.

Dale> Just after the logrotation in the early morning, I get one screwed
Dale> up logcheck report back from each machine. The report contains
Dale> fragments of months old data.

Dale> For the other 23 hours of the day, all log reports are just fine.

Dale> Any ideas? Is there a bug in the initial processing by logcheck
Dale> after the rotate?

I'm not sure who's at fault here, but I found that /var/log contained
many old log files, with a ".0" extension, which I believe got there
when changing system loggers, causing logrotate's configuration to
change.  After deleting those (note: not all .0 files are bad; check the
date), everything worked fine.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA