Re: Some more port closing questions

Hi,

From: Raymond Wood <raywood@magma.ca>
Subject: Re: Some more port closing questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:43:07 -0400

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 07:06:09PM +0900, sen_ml@eccosys.com imagined:
> > On a related note, I just ran dselect and noticed rcconf --
> > may be that's what I want (-;  I'll have to check that out.
>
> rcconf is simple and works very well for me - FYI.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I've just tried it and so far it looks like it will be helpful for my
situation.

[ Now I guess I just need to remember to install rcconf on new systems
  and run it when I install a new system / new network daemon...I
  guess there's a short period immediately after installing most
  network daemons on Debian that they will be running before I can get
  turn it off... ]