Re: Question on the safety sharing NFS with untrusted machines.

 cfy1> Hmm, I'll look into those filesystems.  Are they supported in
 cfy1> stock Debian kernels and userland tools or do they require
 cfy1> extra patches?

dunno about SFS.  AFS is packaged, but requires some kernel
modifications (IIRC it's just a kernel module) and a fair amount of
setup.  there are some good docs, including a Debian specific
cheatsheet in the Debian package. even then, it is not easy to set
up.  also, while it's probably possible to get a stable configuration,
I found that slight misconfiguration or ill-usage caused system
lockups and crashes.

--

joe