Re: snort error starting

On Fri 19 Jul 2002 18:33, Jeff wrote:
> I upgraded snort on my woody system, not a version 1.8.4-beta1 (Build
> 91), and it won't start using "/etc/init.d/snort start".  I get the
> following error message:
>
> # /etc/init.d/snort start
> /etc/init.d/snort: var: command not found

It's a bug in the postint script, which messes up
/etc/snort/snort.debian.conf, see

How it's yet unfixed in woody? I don't known, as I currently use the
sid version. I guess that the new maintainer forgot backporting into
woody (freezed at the time) the sid fixes. File a bug report against
the woody (now stable) package.

Greetings,
Manel