Re: CERT Advisory CA-2002-19 Buffer Overflow in Multiple DNS Resolver Libraries

sen_ml@eccosys.com writes:

> Ah, I see your in-depth post on Bugtraq now (-;
>
>   http://msgs.securepoint.com/cgi-bin/get/bugtraq0207/39/1.html
>
> From your Bugtraq post, I got the impression that since I haven't
> changed the defaults in /etc/nsswitch.conf -- i.e. my networks: line
> is:
>
>   networks: files
>
> I shouldn't have anything to worry about at the moment.  Does that
> sound right?

Yes, you don't have to worry about any of the problems which have been
published so far (no, I don't know of any other problems).

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/