OT: English and other languages

I think that you're a bit harsh, it is not necessary.

if anyone take a look at debian lists, one would see, that there are spanish,
french, and so on lists (even developers' lists as well).

every list has a netiquette/faq or anything. if the "official" language of
this list is not mentioned there, than any language _can be_ used.

it is just simply not too polite to speak any other language, than english.

and, of course lessens the chances of a correct and prompt answer.
even if your language knowledge lacks a lot, give a chance to anyone, who
may want to help you (like when you are a tourist somewhere asking for
directions, you know).

sorry, for this _off-topic_ elaboration.. ;)

bye