Re: aide and tiger sending gpg crypted files

Le Thursday 06 June 2002 à 20:28:24 +0200, Thomas Schmid a écrit:
> Hi,
>
> So, I set up my server with aide and tiger to check it's integrity. The
> reports are mailed to root which one is redirected to an other localadress
> and to a second adresse on a other server. My question is now: is it
> possible to let the mails be pgp encrypted with gnupg so I can check if
> the mails realy are from my server and that no one intercepted and changed
> them? I neither could find something on the web nor on the mailinglist
> archive of aide.

If you want to be sure of the origin of your mail, you must sign it,
not encrypt it ! Encryption is made with the public key of the receiver
and everybody can to it. Signature is made with the private key which
must stay private to your server. If you want to use it in a shell
script, their must be no passphrase, so if your server is compromised,
the key is also compromised and the message cannot be trusted anylonger.
Such a protection only protect the message during its travel between
your server and you.

--
Loïc

"heaven is not a place, it's a feeling"