Re: secure file transfer

Renato Lozano writes:
 > I am trying to implement a way of transfering files securely over
 > the Internet using sftp which is part of the ssh2 protocol.  A
 > down side of implementing this is that users logging on can browse
 > the whole filesystem.  I have done some research and found a way
 > to chroot users so they won't be able to browse the filesystem
 > (http://chrootssh.sourceforge.net/).  Can someone please suggest
 > if there are any other ways of implementing a secure file transfer
 > without patching sshd ???

You may try sfs (Self-Certifying File System server), you can find
testing packages and the home page is at http://www.fs.net. With
this kind of system, you'll be able to allow someone to mount his
homedir but nothing else.

--
Davy Gigan
System & Network Administration      [Please no HTML, I'm not a browser]