Re: Configuration problems with pam_smb, mod_auth_pam

You're going to need to use the NTLM auth mod for apache ..

http://modntlm.sourceforge.net/

At 11:47 AM 29/05/2002 -0700, Christian G. Warden wrote:
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 10:05:45AM -0700, Tom Dominico wrote:
> I am attempting to configure our Debian webserver, running Apache, to
> use our Windows PDC when authenticating for secure web access.  I have
> followed instructions that I found on the web, but I am having trouble.
> [...]
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "PUSD Website Admin"
> require valid-user

i have no idea how to make apache authenticate against a windows pdc,
but i believe AuthType Basic can only be used to authenticate against a
local password file, usually generated using htpasswd.
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html

xn