Re: Uh-oh. Cracked allready. I think...

> >> 6346/tcp   filtered    gnutella
> >
> >"filtered" means there's no reply coming back on thos ports - most likely
> >your ISP is blocking those ports.
>
> Yeah, they said that gnutella was "limited".

Somewhat typical of ISPs - don't they realise that gnutella's port can be re-
configured? So now if you want to use gnutella, you know not to use the default
port.

> >The fact they don't show up when you do a local scan confirms this.  These
> >services aren't running on your machine.
>
> So, what you're saying is that all this alarm is for no good reason...?

No - you should always been on your guard. Congrats for watching for odd
behaviour. And you educated yourself at the same time - a bonus if you ask me.

> There has been no l337 h4X0rz trying to get into my box....?

Probably not. Just because they haven't succeeded, doesn't mean they aren't
trying. More likely they have gone off to find some poor[1] windows user to
attack instead.

Andrew

[1] Have you seen how much they are charging for software these days? No?
Neither have I - but I'm sure it's a lot.

"I do not agree with what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1778)