Re: Uh-oh. Cracked allready. I think...

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:39:25PM -0400, Hubert Chan wrote:
> Security patches go into stable first.  Sid/unstable is generally
> upgraded pretty promptly too.  They're working on a system (AFAIK) to
> allow security patches to be fast tracked into testing.

Not to be fast tracked in to testing.  To be fast tracked in to woody,
which will soon be stable.  Packages going in to testing still need to
go through the requisite test period.  They can be uploaded with a
higher priority, which will (in theory) get them in to testing sooner,
but not if a critical bug is filed against the new version or something
that keeps it out.  It's conceivable that testing won't get the security
fix at all until it approaches release time.  In reality, the community
wouldn't let that happen, but I don't recommend relying on that for a
critical system.

noah