Re: Uh-oh. Cracked allready. I think...

Hello
First, and I think most ipmortant thing would be to upgrade all
mission-critical applications you are using. For sure you have to upgrade
OpenSSH nad Exim. (run apt-setup, then apt-get update followed by apt-get
upgrade).
Second think would be to block all unwanted connection by iptables (man
iptables could be helpfull ;) )
Securing your host is long subject... I'm not able to cover it in one e-mail
(sure no one can :) )

ps. You don't have to ssh on a root account, simply ssh on a normal account
and then invoke 'su' to get root privilages.

--
Michael "carstein" Melewski	 |	"One day, he said, in a taped segment
carstein@poznan.linux.org.pl 	 |	 that suggested chemical interrogation,