Re: Secure/hardened/minimal Debian (or "Why is the base system the way it is?")

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña  <jfs@computer.org> writes:
>	IIRC port 25 was open to the world. In any case somebody else
>already recommended nullmailer which might be a better solution. Binding
>exim to 127.0.0.1:25 is pretty easy however (Bastille does not do it but I
>plan to add this feature Really Soon (tm) :)

I've always simply disabled /etc/init.d/exim (usually by inserting an
"exit 0" at the start of the script). The daemon isn't needed for
local or outgoing mail... (The standard cron job flushes the mail
queue, and most mails are sent by the process that starts sending the
mail.)

--
-=- Rjs -=- Riku.Saikkonen@hut.fi