Re: deploying pam-opie?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 11:46:10PM -0400, Bradley Alexander wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to get pam-opie working with openssh, but I guess I'm not
> getting the hang of it. I think I have all of the packages installed:
>
> [storm@defiant storm]$ dpkg -l | grep opie
> ii  libpam-opie    0.21-7         Use OTP's for PAM authentication
> ii  opie-client    2.32-8.1       OPIE programs for generating OTPs on
> client
> ii  opie-server    2.32-8.1       OPIE programs for maintaining an OTP
> key fil
>

> I added

(I assume you mean to /etc/pam.d/ssh)

> password   required     pam_opie.so
> password   required     pam_unix.so
>
> but when I log in as a user without a key, I get the standard Password:
> prompt rather than an opie prompt.

The 'password' lines in PAM configuration files are for password
changing service. If you want to use pam_opie to authenticate, you want
something like this:

auth sufficient pam_opie.so
auth required pam_unix.so

pam_opie is marked sufficient, so that if it succeeds, the system
dosen't also try to use unix authentication.

Also, make sure that PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt is enabled in your sshd
config file.

--
William Aoki     waoki@umnh.utah.edu       /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
B1FB C169 C7A6 238B 280B  <- key change    \ /  No HTML in mail or news!