Re: OT: Re: beach towel

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 12:44:42PM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:

> Quoting Alan James (Alan@rangercom.com):
> > No, but it can save you from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
> >
> > The towel provides security through obscurity.
> I'm assuming everybody here knows about
> http://www.systemtoolbox.com/towelday/ ?

 A colleaugue of mine was under the impression that 'the first thursday
after DA's death each year' was Towel Day. Thus, we're bringing towels
to the premier of Episode 2, despite the difference in that your
referenced URL indicates (May 25th).

An article (slashback really) on Slashdot has indicated this as well*,
however there's 'yet another' conflicting day of May 31st noted in the
same article.

We'll do the more visible thing and bring our towels to Episode 2. As
it's not really when that's important, but more the remembering that is.

$.02

John

* I do not generally put any faith in the journalistic quality of
Slashdot (oxymoron). I do however acknowledge it's place in geek culture
- for good bad right or wrong.