Re: virtual hosting

Hello,

The only question I have in this setup is why would you need to chroot everything. In a typical hosting environment where users have FTP access to the server to upload web pages, you can just chroot the FTP daemon to the individual user's upload directory.

As far as Apache, you could chroot the daemon to the directory where all your websites reside. But in that situation, I do believe you would need to copy all the binaries you would want to run (i.e. Perl, PHP, MySQL, etc.), but I could be wrong on that point.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards,
jovan rivera
<rewt@udel.edu>