From: johanj [mailto:johanj]On Behalf Of Johan Jacobsson
Sent: 28 February 2002 14:55
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: Netsaint

Hello!
I am using netsaint_statd on a debian machine and I would like to know
what I am doing, eg what security holes may this create?
As I understand it, the netsaint_statd deamon makes it possible to
extract information about CPU load, disk usage, memory load etc.
Is this a security problem?
Has anyone heard about security holes in netsaint_statd 2.13? The web
page maintaining it is not so informative...

/Johan Jacobsson