Re: Encrypted Ethernet ?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jaroslaw Tabor wrote:

> 	Does someone know, if there is a solution to use Debian (or, in
> general Linux ) as encryptor for Ethernet ? I'd like to use two
> computers connected by unsafe ethernet as secure tunnel between two
> LANs. It means, that such device have to be transparent for all IP
> traffic (or may be for all Ethernet traffic?).

In addition to the posts about FreeSWAN, take at look at these, which are
all available in Debian (woody or sid):

	vtun, tunnelv, cipe, vpnd, tinc, and maybe secvpn

IPsec (i.e. FreeSWAN) is probably the best choice overall since it
promises to interoperate with most anything that runs IPsec, but these
other packages can help you get a secure tunnel up in a hurry.

Cheers,
tony