Re: I want to test my firewall from the outside

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> Yes, I would like to do that.
> Any good tools you folks would recommand?

'apt-cache search attack'

and among the results are:

nessus - Remote network security auditor, the client
nessus-dev - Nessus development header files
nessus-plugins - Nessus plugins
nessusd - Remote network security auditor, the server
nmap - The Network Mapper
portsentry - Portscan detection daemon
scanlogd - A portscan detecting tool
snort - Flexible NIDS (Network Intrusion Detection System)

I can personally recommend nessus.  The output is better than the $2000
'perimeter check report' my employer paid a security consultant for.