Re: Problems with chrooting bind 9.2.0

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:19:33 +0100, Marcus Frings <protagonist@gmx.net>
wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>first I would like to apologize for my English as I am not a native
>speaker.

Your English is very good actually, you need not apologise.

>*a* and *b* confuses me a little. Although rndc.key is in the chrooted
>/chroot/named/etc/ I get this error message (in addition

you mean /chroot/named/etc/bind/ right ?

>"/etc/init.d/bind9 stop" tells me "Stopping domain name service: \
>namedrndc: neither /etc/bind/rndc.conf nor /etc/bind/rndc.key was \
>found".

To stop bind9 the original /etc/init.d/bind uses : /usr/sbin/rndc stop
You'll want to chroot that too, I expect.

>Regarding *b* the shown message confuses me even more because I have
>never had it before chrooting bind.

b is probably caused by a

Of course I am no expert, I dont have bind chrooted at all.

Alan.