Re: preparing for case of emergency

hi ya klaus

i am assumig you made a copy of all the binaries and lib and config files
for safe keeping as a reference against the "hacked" machine ...

esp programs like: should be saved
	find, ps, netstat, ls, diff, login, crypt, sum, top, rm, mv, cp
 	mail, elm, pine, sendmail/exim, etc

i'd add additional ids in ~root/.bashrc/.cshrc
	mail -s "got a live one in $HOST" you@someplace.com < /dev/null

than when you see the machine doing stuff it shouldn't be
or have files/directories it shouldnt have...
	- run rm -rf on their files in rt... and kill their logins/apps
	and watch where they reconnect from...

	- if you have um in their own chroot... they might not
	notice you are watching um ???

	- get the local fbi or pd or isp also to look and watch your
	machine while they are live in your machine...typing/executing
	their commands ... kill those puppies and watch um login again...
	after the 2nd time.. they should go away...knowing they are
	being watched ...or they might do a final rm -rf / before
	disappearing

have fun linuxing
alvin