#!/usr/bin/env bash in cgi script

Hi all,

If I may ask for your comments.

I have to set on wy webserver pages written by someone. One of file which
must be put in cgi-bin directory is following script (only this two lines).

#!/usr/bin/env bash
./foo bar.html

The whole construction looks dangerous for me. I'm thinking about hardening
this but I'm not sure what to to.

foo is na ELF file which connects to a service, gets data and
formats html code based on bar.html template. There are many files with
templates and why bar.html is to be a parameter.

#!/usr/bin/env ./foo bar.html

Looks better? Or env runs bash? The general question I think is how to run
ELF file with a dynamic parameter as cgi-bin program in securest manner.

*Any* comment welcome.

Regards,
Chris