Re: These 'roots' are bugging me.

well, most of the modifications i've done affect the path declarations
only to fit the debian conventions (eg. named.conf in $CHROOT/etc/bind/
and so on). debian uses start-stop-daemon to control daemon
startup/shutdown, thus i used an original debianized bind startup script
instead of the one that can be found in the howto. however,
start-stop-daemon didn't work for me with this chroot'd BIND (it
supports chroot'd daemons but i couldn't get it to do its job correctly,
maybe i missed something). since i was short on time, i simply used
chroot for this purpose. finally,i made a bind-chroot .deb package to
make installation/removal easier.
i extracted an original debian bind package, and used some of its
support files (named.conf and stuff).

as you can see, these changes are mostly cosmetic.
for more info on building debian packages, check out the Debian Package
Repository HOWTO:

http://ibiblio.org/gferg/ldp/giles/repository/repository.html

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 12:35, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:00:13PM +0100, Gergely Trifonov wrote:
> (...)
> > is your friend:
> http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Chroot-BIND8-HOWTO.html
> >
> > this document is really good, but some additional work needs to be done
> > to get the thing work on debian.
> >

> 	Could you elaborate a little bit on this?
>
> 	Javi
Gergely Trifonov    mailto:gergely.trifonov@indweb.hu
System Administrator, WSD

IND - Interactive Net Design      http://www.indweb.hu
Széchenyi u. 70.        H - 3530 Miskolc          Hungary
Phone: +36 46 505 106              Fax: +36 46 505 107
                    Mobile: +36 20 395 6476

!Please install IND CA Certification as TRUSTED CA!
                  https://www.indweb.hu/IND.crt