Re: Dedicated Firewall + snmpd smux 199/tcp

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 02:27:48PM +0100, Matthias Hentges wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm in the process of setting up a dedicated firewall for my home
> network. It only runs four services: smtp, snmp, ssh and fwlogwatch.
(...)
> but snmpd still listens on port 199/tcp (smux) on my internet IP.
(...)

> Ofcourse i have a packetfilter installed but i don't want *any* open
> ports on this firewall.

Maybe you should file a bug? (I can't find any related to this issue) This
does not seem to me to be something that snmpd should do (specially if
asked to do otherwise).

Regards

	Javi

PS: BTW what is smux for? On a (brief) search it seems to be a way to
associate managers to MIBs that are later provided in the SNMP daemon to
management statiosn...