Re: Stack-smashing protection

8% is a huge hit, by all means a module or an option, however I question its
need as "standard". I would not want it there unless Im convinced it truely
offers protection from a quantifiable risk. I dont want to see the kernel go
the way of MS's kernel ,one huge bloated mess.

Lets see some papers/justification for this item, it may not be needed in all
situations.

regards

Thing