Re: pop mail recommendations

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 04:35:04PM +0100, Christian Storch wrote:
> Look at brand new
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/mail/cyrus21-imapd.html
>
> ssl included!

Cyrus definitely rocks, but it can't be described as lightweight in any
sense of the word.  It's very powerful, and would be my first choice for
running a very large site (university campus, for example), but most
people don't need something quite so industrial strength.

Having said that, I should also mention that I run a Cyrus 2.1
installation for about 8 people at work.  It works great, but it's
overkill.

noah