Re: "Latest libpcap & tcpdump sources from tcpdump.org contain a trojan"

You are correct insofar as it triggers at compile time for libpcap, the
configure script to be exact.  I grabbed a copy of the trojan'ed libpcap
and compiled it in a sandbox machine.  You can do a strings of
the compiled libpcap.a and grep for 1963.  Doing so yields these results:

debian:~/libpcap-0.7.1# strings libpcap.a | grep 1963
1963
not port 1963

I _didn't_ have the same result when running the command against woody's
libpcap library files on my boxen.  Obviously, I'm not saying that you
will have the same result or that this is the only method to find the
problem, etc.  It worked for me though.

Steve