Re: Bizarre apache logs [OT]

Phillip Hofmeister wrote:
A few words:

Lazy and/or ignorant system administrators.  Then again...NT/2000 is so easy
that you don't have to be a good administrator to run a box...*sigh*

I don't completely agree on that remark. I run a hybrid network (I was under orders, don't shoot me!) and if there's anything I've learned, it's that Windows Servers are no where near as easy to administer as everybody makes it out to be.

Windows is a lot easier to install initially than Linux, but that's because Linux forces the admin to properly configure from the start.

To get Windows running properly, there are a lot of tweaks and non-tuitive settings you need to go through. However, M$ has made the mistake of allowing their servers to run without these tweaks which is where all the holes come into play.

Lazy and/or ignorant sys admins? Yes
NT/2000 so easy you don't have to be a good admin to run it? Not necessarily.
	-C

--
Curtis Ireland		XIST Information Services & Technology Inc.
Network Administrator	phone: (613)234-9621 X231 fax: (613)234-9564