Re: Probem with openssh and pam modules

	since openssh v3.3 was released, I never got it to work well with
PAM. I think it has something to do with privilege separation, whereby
the listening daemon is unable to use PAM due to insufficient privileges,
since it is running as an unprivileged user. Is PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt
enabled? Try disabling just that. From README.Debian in
/usr/share/doc/ssh:

"Unfortunately, privilege separation interacts badly with PAM. Any PAM
session modules that need to run as root (pam_mkhomedir, for example)
will fail, and PAM keyboard-interactive authentication won't work."

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)