Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 149-2] New glibc packages fix
- To: "'Debian Security'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 149-2] New glibc packages fix
- From: "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:28:47 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <m17uc0y-000ofqC@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE>
> Wolfram Gloger discovered that the bugfix from DSA 149-1 unintentially
> replaced potential integer overflows in connection with malloc() with
> more likely divisions by zero. This called for an update.
As nearly everything is linked to glibc, does this require a reboot to
be sure? Or is switching to runlevel 1 then back enough?