Re: cryptoloop confusion
- To: debian security list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: cryptoloop confusion
- From: Othmar Pasteka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 03:16:46 +0200
- Message-id: <20020908011646.GA7392@kabsi.at>
- In-reply-to: <20020829054505.GA13563@jc.oftheinter.net>
- References: <20020827211154.GF8646@jc.oftheinter.net> <20020828055728.GA15060@juarez> <20020829054505.GA13563@jc.oftheinter.net>
On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 10:45:05PM -0700, Jeff wrote:
> I did some more research and I'm getting some conflicting
> information. In another message on this thread I'm told that I need
> the kernel-patch-int. Anyway, I downloaded your crypto...debs and
> installed them. They created source directories in /usr/src/modules.
> I then went to the top of the cryptoapi directory and ran:
actually, everything is clear, probably looked at the wrong
serious, definite guide to cryptoapi stuff these days is
www.kerneli.org. the linux encryption howto is way outdated. but
they have good starting docs baout that.
> root # make patchkernel KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4.18 LOOP=iv
> make: *** No rule to make target `patchkernel'. Stop.
i think you are supposed to do make-kpkg modules_image while
being in the kernel top level dir.
> I can't find any other documentation on this to help me out. I looked
> at the howto you reference in the README.Debian file in your source
> directories, which describe the patchkernel process above, but I've
> found nothing to help me.
i don't know ivo's packages well now, but this should work.
otherwise some notes i took while preparing for giving a course:
with patching the kernel:
<some method of sucking the source, rc2 tar-ball or cvs>
in the toplevel dir of this source do:
make patch-kernel KDIR=<kernel source dir>
cd <kernel source dir>
make menuconfig (choose desired modules)
without patching the kernel:
going to the top level dir of the cryptoapi source:
make modules KDIR=<kernel source dir>
make moduels_install KDIR=<kernel source dir>