Re: cryptoloop confusion [repost]

Pedro Diaz Jimenez, 2002-Aug-28 01:25 +0200:

> > If all you want is file system encryption you can try the loop-AES patch
> > http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I used it for a long time on my laptop and it's been perfectly usable
> > (stable, fast to some excent, no compilation problems when upgrading
> kernels, etc..).
> > It uses the AES cryptosystem, of proven strength . The
> > compilation/instalation procedure is quite easy, also
> >
> > Cheers
> > Pedro

Since I was having trouble the other way, I tried this out and was
successful.  I now have an ext2 file system on an encrypted file
(example #2 in the documentation).  Very cool!  And this is all I
wanted in the first place.

Thanks for pointing me to it...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer