Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-136-1] Multiple OpenSSL problems

On Thursday, August 1, 2002, at 06:35 PM, sen_ml@eccosys.com wrote:

You might find the checkinstall package to be of some use here.  It's
worked quite nicely for most things I've tried it for.

That would be more of the quick short cut way of doing it which always seems to byte you in the ass later (perhaps when sarge is released). Also it expects you to be installing software that has 'make install' etc. Which our software doesn't necessarily have either. So as part of turning everything into debian packages, they will also get nice shiny Makefiles.

--
Paul Baker

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
         -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc