Re: error msg

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 at 09:51:19AM +0200, Giacomo Mulas wrote:
> 3) if you do need them (e.g. you need to export NFS file systems) restrict
> access to all of these relatively fragile services to trusted hosts, using
> hosts.allow, hosts.deny and/or firewalling.

On his point I would like to add that I encourage everyone I talk to to involk
a strong filtering system on any Linux system directly accessable from the net.
I also encourage it on systems that are not directly accessable.  Internal hosts
can always get compromised.  A strong firewall ruleset will DROP everything and
allow only what is needed.

Regards,

--
Phil