Re: Question on the safety sharing NFS with untrusted machines.

Mike Renfro <renfro@tntech.edu> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 01:07:19PM -0500, Dast wrote:
> > So my question is, is it safer to host the NFS from the DMZ and
> > mount remotely on machines in the internal network, or host the NFS
> > from a machine on the internal network and remotely mount in the
> > DMZ?  Or does it matter?
> I suppose it depends on what sort of activity you need to do over the
> NFS mount.

Thanks for the feedback.  That certainly gives me something to chew

The mount will be just bulk file storage.  I haven't decided if the
machine in the DMZ needs read/write or just read access, however.
Everything on that mount should be publicly accessible to all users,
so in terms of one user getting another's files, that isn't an issue.

 "Practice allows me to receive information like faxes."
  Pharoahe Monch