Re: More SSH Fun (Minor)

* Phillip Hofmeister (plhofmei@zionlth.org) [020628 08:38]:
> *********Jun 28 11:31:34 Genesis PAM-env[5338]: Unable to open config file: Permission denied*************

It seems that this is related to the PAM breakage noted in the recent
versions with priv sep enabled. My guess would be that since that part
of the code now runs as the sshd user instead of as root, it's denied
permission to read your pam_env config file
(/etc/security/pam_env.conf). This is only a guess; some more testing
may be in order (it's 644 on my system, so it should be readable by
anyone...).

This is just a fairly random guess; I don't really know much about the
way the new ssh auth section works, or how and how much pam is broken --
just been hearing it from a lot of people that it is.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/