Re: Ssh not upgraded when doing apt-get upgrade?

* Tom Dominico (tdominico@parlier.k12.ca.us) [020627 16:23]:
> Hello,
>
> I am on testing, and when I do an apt-get update/apt-get upgrade, I do
> not seem to be getting the "new and improved" ssh.  I checked ssh -v,
> and I'm not on 3.4 yet.  I've done the "workarounds", so I shouldn't be
> vulnerable, but I can't figure out why I'm not getting the new version.
> Has it not been put into the testing packages?
>
> Here are the lines in my sources.list:
>
> deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian <http://http.us.debian.org/debian>
> testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US
> <http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US>  testing/non-US main contrib
> non-free
>
> Originally I had a mirror there, but I initially thought that maybe it
> was an old mirror that wasn't updated any more, so I went to back to the
> main debian.org site.  I don't need the "security" line, do I?  I

Yes. The packages are on security.debian.org:

deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free

You should probably add the woody line to your sources.list.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/