SSH upgrade update / resolution

Ok, it's resolved.

I have never generated keys for ssh2 so, rather than fall back to ssh1,
it just fails.

If I tell the client to force ssh1 "ssh -1", it works with the ssh1 RSA
keys just fine.

If I turn on password authentication, it "fails back" to that just fine.
I guess if the server and client are both capable of ssh2 it just never
bothers to try ssh1. Also, I really Really REALLY do not want to leave
password authentication turned on.

So, question to those who have tried this, are there any complications
with generating ssh2 keys? Any chance of overwriting (accidentally) the
ssh1 keys?

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001