Re: Are current Apache debs affected by new bug?

According to the notice on Apache's web site, this is an exploit for a denial of service but not a way to run bogus commands on the exploited machine (for 32 bit machines).

Has anybody verified this? Is there any time frame for us to expect an updated apache.deb on security.d.o?

The notice from iss.net shows a 1 line patch to the http_protocol.c file, but a previous message in this thread says it might not/doesn't fix the problem.

Is this where the fix needs to be? I would be happy to get that snippet from cvs and whip up my own apache.deb until there is an official security release.

Thanks for any info.
Loren

according to Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> on bugtraq,

--