RE: Quality of security assurance with Debian vs. RedHat vs. SuSE

On Tue 11 Jun 2002 11:54, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> I look for good comparison about the security of Debian and Redhat or
> SuSE systems, especial about number of found local exploits or DOS
> attacks. I assume that Debian Stable should be less invulnerable since
> the software is more tested, but I would need some argumentation help
> convince people impressed by Redhat or SuSE.

I am certainly not in a position to say which is more secure, but this
reminded me of a flap that arose over a list of vulnerabilities posted
by platform, etc on SecurityFocus:

   http://securityfocus.com/vulns/stats.shtml

Naturally, one would not base an enterprise roll-out of any particular
distribution solely on these numbers, however it may be a starting point
for you to research this issue further.

HTH,

Jeff Bonner