Re: netstat output

On Tue, 2002-06-11 at 11:39, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 01:17:02PM -0400, James wrote:
> > I use:  netstat -vat | grep LISTEN
> >
> > That will tell you everything that is really listening on your server.
> >
> 	Not really, IIRC it will not show you udp servers.
> 	You might want to check Tiger's test: check_listeningprocs
> 	Code snippet:
>
> $NETSTAT -ptuan | $GREP -v STREAM |

As a native dutch speaker I find it very easy to remember 'netstat
-tulpen':
-t: tcp
-u: udp
-l: show only listening sockets
-p: show pid and program using the socket
-e: display aditional information.
-n: numeric output

This gives you all the information you want, without the need to grep
the output.

--
Tot ziens,

Bart-Jan